Saturday, January 16, 2016

"inbound" ... Day 24

We had another day of rain yesterday, but for a brief time at sunrise yesterday there was some color.  I kept this one very loose and fuzzy....just like the light was.  All soft edges and orangey yellow from the streetlights.  When I blocked it in originally, I had the headlights and tail lights in the composition.  But after I looked at it, they just took to much attention away from the sky so I wiped them out.  So many people thing that to paint plein air you have to include everything in the scene just as it is but if it doesn't add to the painting, I leave it out.  Or sometimes I move it.  Artistic license, right?  :)

"inbound"
5"x7" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood


___________________________________________________________

I will be teaching a plein air workshop in Edisto Island, SC in March.  If one of your New Year's resolutions is to learn to paint plein air or just paint better, come join me!  We will paint, learn, laugh and have fun.  Click Here for more information! Edisto Island Plein Air Workshop


No comments: