Saturday, January 30, 2016

"winter glow" ...Day 30

Done!  30 Paintings in 30 days once again.  I am always a little relieved when this day arrives.  Usually about day 15 I start thinking there is no way I'm going to pull this off.  That this will be the month I can't get it done.  At that point, it is a day by day job.  One day at a time.  Which is really a lesson in how I should do everything.  One step at a time.  Not get too far ahead of myself and get overwhelmed.  Hmmm.  That is one lesson I keep having to learn over and over.

So I am finishing the month out with the last little bit of snowy landscape that I could find to paint.  It was one of those afternoons when there was a thin veil of clouds and the sun was just a glow in the sky.  Everything was lit with a soft diffused light.

Thank you for staying with me this month through the 30 in 30.  I have enjoyed being outside everyday painting. It added a little bit of peace and joy to my day and I hope it added a little bit of joy to yours as well.  If there was one that tugged at you, they are all for sale on Daily Paintworks.

"winter glow"
7" x 5" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

(Ironically, as you are reading this I am on a ski slope in Wyoming surrounded by more snow than I could ever paint:))

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo said...

SO Beautiful!

Gayle said...

First of all: Congrats in crossing the finish line in the 30 in 30 projects! Also want to thank you for daily paintings - Was great visiting with you every day and being able to enjoy the world you are painting. Today's painting truly captures the shimmery glow of winter that, despite all the cold weather hardships, makes us appreciate the particular beauty of this season. I've also really enjoyed your co-hosting episodes on Artists Helping Artists.. That's how I found you. All the best.

Marcela Strasdas said...

Congratulations Dottie on finishing the challenge again! I have enjoyed seeing your daily posts. :)