Saturday, September 10, 2016

Day 10 "roses are red"

Once again, I'm not sure which was more fun to paint, the roses or the pitcher.  Loved the turquoise reflections in the tarnished silver.  I bought this little pitcher at Goodwill (my favorite place to buy still life props).  I also had a couple of tarnished silver teapots in my cart as well.  And this very proper,  little old southern lady, came up to me and said "Goodness gracious, my dear, you certainly have your work cut out for you polishing all that silver!" You should have seen the look on her face when I told her I had no intention of polishing it but was buying it because it was tarnished. :)

If you would like to purchase this painting the link is below.  Remember, I am donating 50% of the purchase price to Childhood Cancer Research.  You can treat yourself and do a good deed for a child in need!

"roses are red"
10" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

** September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death for children.  Help me raise awareness and money for childhood cancer research.  50% of the purchase price of any 30-in-30 painting will be donated to the Carter Martin Fund for cancer research.

No comments: