Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Day 13 "feeling blue"

I have a very stingy and quite tardy hydrangea.  When all of my others bloomed in May, it offered up nothing.  Not even a suggestion of a flower.  Then last week I noticed one bloom starting to turn blue.  That's it.  Just one.  It is a beautiful bloom but looks rather silly all alone on this big shrub.  I didn't have the heart to pick it but rather painted it as it is, amid a sea of green.

"feeling blue"
10" x 10" oil on panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

** September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death for children.  Help me raise awareness and money for childhood cancer research.  50% of the purchase price of any 30-in-30 painting will be donated to the Carter Martin Fund for cancer research.

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

La nature fait des caprices parfois !
Très jolie peinture...

Gros bisous 🌺