Friday, September 16, 2016

Day 15 ... "farm flowers"

There is a first time for everything.  I've done six of these challenges and I've always managed to get them painted on time.  Not this year though.  I am two days behind.  I'll catch up but this week I have run out of daylight every day.  It has been a busy week teaching a three day workshop and a one day workshop, not to mention all of the preparation that happens before the workshop ever gets started.

I painted today's painting at the farm where I was teaching. They still have a couple of rows of sunflowers in the field. I'm hoping they last a little longer, so I can get back over there to paint.  I started this one in the morning before my workshop began and finished it up today. An extended session! Then I painted two more and wiped them both out because they just didn't have a spark to them. One step forward and two steps back!

Nevertheless, the show must go on right?  So I will be in catch up mode for the next few days (actually, starting tomorrow...I'm teaching today)  and then I will be in "paint ahead" mode.  I'm leaving for a 5 day trip on Thursday so I really need to get some paintings done and ready to go before I leave.  Ah...the relaxing life of an artist....

"farm flowers"
10" x 10' oil on panel
Click the link below to purchase:
http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/dottie--t--leatherwood/farm-flowers/512684

No comments: