Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 3 "lean on me"

Still working with the little bouquet of sunflowers that I started with a couple of days ago.  You can see from my coffee cup that I am painting these first thing in the morning.  In fact, I set everything up as soon as it is light enough outside to see what I'm doing.

It is a wonderful way to start the day for me.  Painting outside as the world wakes up.  The mornings are starting to be just a little bit cooler and that is a welcome change!

Still working on trying to give only the essential information in these paintings.  I'm finding that really hard to do with sunflowers, though.  The petals are so fun to paint that before I know it I am painting more detail than I set out to paint.

"lean on me"
10" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2016dottietleatherwood

One in 285 children in the US will be diagnosed with cancer by the time they are 20 years old.
** September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  Cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death for children.  Help me raise awareness and money for childhood cancer research.  50% of the purchase price of any 30-in-30 painting will be donated to the Carter Martin Fund for cancer research. 


No comments: