Friday, January 13, 2017

Day 13...."bridging the gap"

Wow!  What a beautiful Friday the 13th!  On Monday, it was 19 degrees when I painted, today it was:
That's right!  77.   Instead of 3 layers of clothing, I wore a t-shirt and shorts.  Tybee and I were both  hot and thirsty by the time we hiked to where I wanted to paint.  58 degree difference in four days, one of the many reasons I love the south.  


I love this old bridge and have painted it a couple of times but never from this angle.  I wished that I had brought a larger panel though because I would have liked to develop this one a little bit more.  But it was a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours.  Top down on the jeep, watching the sunset as we drove home.... life is good.


"bridging the gap"
8" x 10" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood




No comments: