Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 16 ..."western sky at daybreak"

The month is halfway over and I think this is the least stressed that I have ever felt at this point with the 30-in-30 Challenge.  Because I am painting everyday at different times of the day, it has taken the stress off.  During every other challenge, I have painted a day ahead and sometimes a couple of days ahead to be able to post first thing.  This time around, I'm just working my plein air painting around my existing schedule.  The photography is a challenge, because wet paintings are harder to photograph but I have enjoyed the challenge so much more.

Cloudy and foggy again this morning but the western sky had a wonderful purple glow that I just had to try and capture.  I blocked in the sky first just for a change and I'm glad I did because the purple quickly faded as the sun rose higher.


Here is a little better photo.  

"western sky at daybreak"
10" x 8" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: