Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Day 17 ..."breaking up is hard to do"

The clouds are socked in today.  I taught this morning and had appointments all afternoon (wearing my "mom" hat today) but I squeezed this painting in between appointments.  I really thought the sun was going to break through as the clouds seemed to be breaking up and light was getting brighter.  But instead, I did get to paint the sun through the clouds.  I was trying to capture the halo that surrounded the brightness of where the sun was and the surrounding layers of clouds.  There was hardly any contrast in the layers, just shifts in color.

I'm hoping for a little change in the cloud cover tomorrow.  There is a little sun beside the cloud in the weather forecast.  AND a 70 where the temperature is located :)

"breaking up is hard to do"
8" x 10" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: