Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 18 ..."waking up on wednesday"

I couldn't shake the cobwebs this morning when I woke up.  Two cups of coffee later, I was sitting on my front porch waiting and hoping for a sunrise.  There were some great clouds in place but there was also a good chance that the clouds would close in and there would be no sky to light up.

Prayers answered though.  Beautiful change in the clouds from gray to pink to purple as the first light in the sky showed itself.  These sunrise paintings are done fast and furious.  I usually have about 10 minutes to get the light and color in and then it fades from the sky.  After that it is just a matter of refining what I have on the canvas.  Although they may not be the most "finished" paintings, I love the freshness of these sunrise studies.  And they are a great way to shake away the cobwebs :)

"waking up on wednesday"
8" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

Teri said...

This is a beautiful one Dottie!