Saturday, January 21, 2017

Day 21 ..."heavy fog"

We've had a couple of other foggy mornings but I haven't had a chance to paint them.  And I really didn't have a chance to paint this one as long as I would have wanted to.  I've got a hectic day today and only had about 30 minutes to spare this morning but I wanted to get the fog down.  I picked the simplest scene I could find from my yard and tried to get down the color and shapes as quickly as possible.  I loved the contrast of the warms on the immediate foreground with the cools of the atmosphere.  Fog makes everything so interesting.  It's almost if you threw a sheet over the little trees and shrubs in the background.  The overall color cast of the atmosphere to me seemed almost a blueish lavender but even that seemed to be changing as I painted.  Have a lovely Saturday!

"heavy fog"
8" x 10" oil on linen 
©2017dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Il n'est pas facile de peindre la brume...
J'aime l'ensemble de vos nuances de couleurs et l'atmosphère qui se dégage de votre oeuvre.

Gros bisous 🌺