Monday, January 23, 2017

Day 23 ..."neither here nor there"

This morning was magical.  As I walked on to my front porch to paint, the waning crescent moon was visible in the east above the trees.  It was already getting bright low in the sky and I was caught between waiting on the sunrise and painting what was in front of me at the moment.  I blocked in the sky and trees and by the time I was done, a few clouds had moved in and the color was beginning to change.  Although not a fiery sunrise it was beautiful in that soft, dreamy way.  The moon was still visible, although not as bright as before.  I would love to take more pictures of my progress but the color changes so quickly that I can't put my brush down to take a picture.  I'm sure I look like the mad scientist, painting frantically in my pajamas on the front porch.   There's absolutely no telling what the neighbors think. 😜
"neither here nor there"
10" x 8" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

1 comment:

Gayle said...

That's spectacular Dottie!