Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day 24..."tree study"

Today was my off day.  Every so often nothing comes off the brush right.  I taught most of the day and then had to do a lot of "stuff"...shipping, billing, etc.  Lots of left brain stuff.  By the time I got home I had a little less than two hours before sundown.  Plenty of time, or so I thought.

The dogs, we have four, had been cooped up all day and were wild by the time I got home.  I went out onto the back porch to paint and that was my first mistake.  I should have grabbed my easel and went somewhere to paint.  The dogs knocked over my easel twice in their efforts to get closer to me.  I wiped my painting four times and before I knew it, the sun was sinking fast and my light was fading.

I ended up painting the top of a pine tree that the sun was hitting.  My brain just couldn't connect to my paintbrush and I just couldn't settle in and focus on painting. Sometimes it just goes that way.   There is always tomorrow right?

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Il y a des jours effectivement où tout va de travers... la fatigue accumulée aux éléments de la vie !!
Demain sera un jour meilleur !
Les nuances de couleurs apportées sont très belles.

Gros bisous 🌸