Thursday, January 26, 2017

Day 26...."winds of change"

It was a beautiful, sunny 75 degrees yesterday.  My kind of January weather!  A cold front is moving in today to take us back to more winter like temperatures.  I don't think I have ever kept up with the weather quite as much as I have this month.  Only 5 more days left to paint in this challenge.  Crazy how fast it has gone by!

This morning dawned cloudy with lots of change in the sky.  Although overcast, the clouds were moving quickly across the sky.  I thought about waiting until the sun comes out later today to paint but the turmoil in the sky was too tempting to pass up.  This one feels wintery to me.  Even though it was a balmy 60 degrees outside while I was painting.

"winds of change"
8" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: