Saturday, January 28, 2017

Day 28 ..."golden afternoon"

I headed back to the creek today with a bigger canvas.  I contemplated painting the same view that I did yesterday but decided to do something different.  Subtle is hard.  And right now the colors in the landscape are a bit washed out.  Values are close and it's much harder to paint.  I decided to try and take on the challenge.  I painted for a couple of hours.  I may be done or I might not.  I will look at it tomorrow and I may take it back to refine a few things.  But for now I'm happy with it.


I didn't have a panel carrier big enough so I taped grocery bag handles to the back so I could carry it. That's what you see on the left side of the panel.   Lugging gear and a wet panel and a dog on a leash requires some thinking :)

Here is Tybee contemplating the creek.  She really wanted to go swimming.


No comments: