Sunday, January 29, 2017

Day 29 ..."unremarkable beauty"

It was a chilly and beautiful day with blue skies and clouds for days.  But the wind!  Wow!  It felt like March.  The wind was blowing about 20 miles per hour but the gusts were incredible.  I had to grab my easel several times before it went down. After the second time, I anchored it with my bag and extended the legs of my tripod so it would sit a littler lower and not catch the wind so easily.  Despite the clouds the sun was out most of the time... thank goodness.

I had a question yesterday about how I could find something to paint in a subject that lacked much appeal.  And at first glance, the subjects that I have painted the last couple of days aren't what most people would call beautiful.  Sometimes you have to look for the beauty.  It's always there.  The more you look, the more you see.  Subtle things make all the difference in painting just as in life.  It's all in how you frame it.

"unremarkable beauty"
16" x 12" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: