Friday, January 6, 2017

Day 6 ..."clouds approaching from the west"

Brrr... a little colder this morning as the winter storm is approaching.  I had to wear gloves because my fingers started getting cold and stiff.  A tip...last year at the end of winter I bought about 20 pair of cheap gloves from Target when they put them on sale for a dollar a pair.  So I can paint and not be concerned about ruining my gloves and when they get too gross, I can just toss them out. Makes life much easier!

Tybee and I headed back to the same spot as yesterday to paint.  It is a nice wide open area that gives me plenty of sky to paint.  Charlotte is a "tree city".  Lots and lots of trees.  Don't get me wrong, I love big old oak trees and tall pines.  But I miss wide open spaces.  Growing up on the coast, we certainly had plenty of trees but we also had plenty of sky.  Sky for days... as far as you can look in any direction.  Here, you catch a glimpse of the sky through branches or you have to look straight up.  It makes me claustrophobic sometimes.

I'm so excited about the winter storm headed our way!  I even got up early to watch the news this morning.  Fingers crossed we get enough snow to paint!  I've got my snow boots ready!

"clouds approaching from the west"
8" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: