Monday, September 11, 2017

Day 10 and 11

The 30-in-30 Challenge has begun and I am using this challenge to raise money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I hope you'll help me!

It's been a crazy several days in what I thought would be a calm month.  I had to drop everything and head to pick up my mother in Savannah because of Hurricane Irma.  Although the forecast last week was still up in the air, mandatory evacuation was in effect for the island on which she lives. It was a mad scramble to go get her and a nightmare of a drive back home to Charlotte.  8 solid hours in the car and only one stop!  

She requires a lot of interaction so my painting time is almost nil.  I've had to sneak off to paint :) I painted last evening as the sun was setting and this morning at dawn.  Not sure what tomorrow will bring as I head out to take her home.  I'm sure we will be back on the road with all of the evacuees.
Although I've never not finished a 30 in 30 challenge, this time I might have to take a break.  We shall see.  So far so good!

Here is yesterday's painting:

"Sunday's gift"
10" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

And here is today's:

"bands of blue"
8" x 10" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

I am donating 50% of the sale of every 30-in-30 painting this month to help the flood victims of Hurricane Harvey.  The charities I am supporting are the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Humane Society.   I hope if you fall in love with one of my paintings this month, you will take the opportunity to purchase one and help me help those that have lost so much.


1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Deux très belles peintures...
J'espère que tout va bien pour vous. Une pensée particulière à tous ceux qui ont subi ce terrible drame.

Gros bisous 🌺