Saturday, September 2, 2017

Day 2 ... "clearing to the left"

The 30-in-30 Challenge has begun and I am using this challenge to raise money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I hope you'll help me! 


"clearing to the left"
6" x 12" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

Wow what a beautiful day today!  Beautiful sunshine and much cooler temps than we've been having the last few weeks.  Still a lot of summer greens in the landscape but I happened upon these wildflowers in a little clearing in the woods.  I have no idea what they are but they added a much needed bit of yellow to the landscape.

Forgot to get any progress shots but took this one after I was done.  Why are dogs opposed to looking at the camera??  :)


Last year I donated half of the proceeds of the 30-in-30 Challenge to Childrens Cancer Care Fund and it was so rewarding to paint for such a good cause.  With all of the devastation in Texas, I wanted to do the same thing this year.  I am donating 50% of the sale of every 30-in-30 painting this month to help the flood victims of Hurricane Harvey.  The charities I am supporting are the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Humane Society.   I hope if you fall in love with one of my paintings this month, you will take the opportunity to purchase one and help me help those that have lost so much. 


No comments: