Sunday, September 3, 2017

Day 3 ... "holding steadfast"

The 30-in-30 Challenge has begun and I am using this challenge to raise money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I hope you'll help me! 

This is the view out of the window of my studio.  Rooftops and wires and pipes....maybe not the average person's ideal of beauty but I love it.  All the texture and lines and edges with that morning sunlight pouring over all of it.  And the part that really captures my imagination...the wild grape vines growing 20 feet off of the ground right in the middle of it all.  Tenacity, hope and the beauty of nature  in the middle of all that man made stuff.  Makes me so happy! And reminds me of the opportunities in uncommon places, not to lose faith, to hold on for dear life and always reach for what is bright and happy.

"holding steadfast"
10" x 8" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

Last year I donated half of the proceeds of the 30-in-30 Challenge to Childrens Cancer Care Fund and it was so rewarding to paint for such a good cause.  With all of the devastation in Texas, I wanted to do the same thing this year.  I am donating 50% of the sale of every 30-in-30 painting this month to help the flood victims of Hurricane Harvey.  The charities I am supporting are the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Humane Society.   I hope if you fall in love with one of my paintings this month, you will take the opportunity to purchase one and help me help those that have lost so much. 


No comments: