Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Day 5 ..."morning on main"

The 30-in-30 Challenge has begun and I am using this challenge to raise money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I hope you'll help me! 

Spent this morning painting with my plein air group on Main Street in a nearby town.  The morning light was hitting one side of the street so I did the smart thing and stood on the other side and painted. I forgot to put a large panel in the jeep this morning so I had to make do with a small one.  I wanted to paint more of a street scene but had to settle for more of a close up view.  Still a lot of fun to paint though.  Storefronts in small towns are always so charming.

I am donating 50% of the sale of every 30-in-30 painting this month to help the flood victims of Hurricane Harvey.  The charities I am supporting are the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Humane Society.   I hope if you fall in love with one of my paintings this month, you will take the opportunity to purchase one and help me help those that have lost so much. 




"morning on main"
10" x 8" oil on linen panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: