Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 6 ..."late summer clouds"

The 30-in-30 Challenge has begun and I am using this challenge to raise money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I hope you'll help me! 

Clouds were moving in this morning.  It's supposed to rain this afternoon.  The sky was marvelous though with the yellow light of morning contrasted with the soft cloud colors settling in from above.  I am a cloud addict.  I will stop the car for them.  Or make my passenger snap pictures out of their window.  I interrupt conversations with friends to make them look up at the sky.  I have thousands and thousands of pictures of them on my computer.  But nothing quite beats trying to capture them in real time.  They shift and move and what at first seems like a dove gray morphs into a lavender or soft blue green.  Mesmerizing.

"late summer clouds"
8" x 10" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

I am donating 50% of the sale of every 30-in-30 painting this month to help the flood victims of Hurricane Harvey.  The charities I am supporting are the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Humane Society.   I hope if you fall in love with one of my paintings this month, you will take the opportunity to purchase one and help me help those that have lost so much. 

1 comment:

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Ce ciel est absolument merveilleux. Il me fascine. Très belle peinture.

Gros bisous 🌸