Thursday, September 7, 2017

Day 7...."light of day"

The 30-in-30 Challenge has begun and I am using this challenge to raise money to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. I hope you'll help me! 

This will be a short post today as I am about to head to the coast to pick up my mom ahead of evacuation orders from Hurricane Irma.  I'm worried about the scarcity of gas and the traffic.  I'm thinking its going to be a long trip back.   I got up early this morning to paint this one and the bright clear sunrise made me think of the calm before the storm.  All of the people fleeing the hurricane and the ominous prediction of the damage to come.  Here is hoping for clear skies in so many ways for as many people as possible.

I am donating 50% of the sale of every 30-in-30 painting this month to help the flood victims of Hurricane Harvey.  The charities I am supporting are the Houston Food Bank and the Houston Humane Society.   I hope if you fall in love with one of my paintings this month, you will take the opportunity to purchase one and help me help those that have lost so much. 


"light of day"
8" x 10" oil on panel
©2017dottietleatherwood

No comments: